CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY (CSR) POLICY
Our aim is to be one of the most respected Companies in India in delivering superior and sustainable value to all our customers, business partners, shareholders, employees and host communities.
- The CSR initiatives focus on holistic development of host communities, disabled community and making them independent and create social, environmental and economic value to the society.
The Objectives of the CSR Policy is to:
- Provide a holistic and comprehensive care to persons with special needs with access to individualized education program, total health care, social exposure, job oriented training and viable job opportunities thereby economically empowering the disabled community and making them independent.
- Strive for economic development that positively impacts the society at large with minimal resource footprint.
- Work actively in the areas of education, skills for employability, livelihoods and income generation, waste
- Resource management and water conservation for host communities for enhancing human development index.
- Collaborate with like minded bodies like governments, voluntary organizations and academic institutes in pursuit of our goals.
- Interact regularly with stakeholders, review and publically report our CSR initiatives.
Focus Areas: In accordance with the requirements under the Companies Act, 2013, Semnox CSR activities, amongst others, will focus on:
- Education: Promoting education, including special education and employment-enhancing vocational skills especially among children, women, elderly and the differently abled, and livelihood enhancement projects; monetary contributions to academic institutions for establishing endowment funds, chairs, laboratories, etc., with the objectives of assisting students in their studies.
- Hunger, Poverty, Malnutrition, and Health: eradicating hunger, poverty and malnutrition, promoting preventive health care and sanitation and making available safe drinking water.
- Rural Development Projects: Strengthening rural areas by improving accessibility, housing, drinking water, sanitation, power and livelihoods, thereby creating sustainable villages.
- Environmental Sustainability: ensuring environmental sustainability, ecological balance, protection of flora and fauna, animal welfare, agroforestry, conservation of natural resources and maintaining quality of soil, air and water
- Prime Minister’s National Relief Fund: contribution to the Prime Minister’s National Relief Fund or any other fund set up by the Central Government for socio-economic development and relief and welfare of the Scheduled Caste, the Scheduled Tribes, other backward classes, minorities and women;
- Contribution provided to technology incubators: contributions or funds provided to technology incubators located within academic institutions which are approved by the Central Government
- National Heritage, Art and Culture: protection of national heritage, art and culture including restoration of buildings and sites of historical importance and works of art; setting up public libraries; promotion and development of traditional and handicrafts:
- Promoting Rural Sports, Nationally recognized sports: training to promote rural sports, nationally recognized sports, Paralympic sports and Olympic sports;
- Armed Forces Veterans, War widows and their dependents: measures for the benefit of armed forces veterans, war widows and their dependents;
UNDERTAKING OF CSR ACTIVITIES
Semnox will undertake its CSR activities as approved by the CSR Committee
LOCATION OF CSR EFFORTS
The CSR Committee will decide on the locations for CSR activities.
Our goal includes the following: