Semnox provides information about it’s solutions and services on corporate Website.
For the purposes of this Policy, the term, “Websites”, shall refer collectively to https://www.semnox.com/ as well as the other websites that the Semnox operates and that link to this Policy.
This policy applies to individuals who visit our websites.
It is Semnox’s policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect and process through our Services.
Information We Collect and How We Use It ?
The table below sets out the categories of personal information we collect and how we use that information. The table also lists the legal basis which we rely on to process the personal information.
|What do we collect?||How we use it?||Legal basis for processing|
|Correspondence and comments. When you contact us directly, e.g. by submitting enquiry form on our Website, by email, phone, mail, when you respond to customer surveys or when you interact with customer service, we will record your comments and opinions.||To address your questions, issues and concerns and to resolve your customer service issue.||This processing is necessary for our legitimate interests, namely, communicating with you in connection with the Services.|
|Your name and resume when you apply for a job opening||To evaluate your profile for suitable job opening.||This processing is necessary for our legitimate interests, namely recruiting suitable candidates for the organization.|
Users under 16 years of age
We do not knowingly collect personal information from users under the age of 16
If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 16, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us at email@example.com
Data Retention Policy
|Type of personal information||Retention Policy|
|Correspondence and comments. When you contact us directly, e.g. by submitting enquiry form on our Website, by email, phone, , when you respond to customer surveys or when you interact with customer service, we will record your comments and opinions.|
You can request to access, update or correct your personal information. You also have the right to object to direct marketing.
You may have additional rights pursuant to your local law applicable to the processing. For example, if the processing of your personal information is subject to the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), and your personal information is processed based on legitimate interests, you have the right to object to the processing on grounds relating to your specific situation. Under GDPR you may also have the right to request to have your personal information deleted or restricted and ask for portability of your personal information.
You can exercise these rights by contacting us on firstname.lastname@example.org with your specific request.
- Right of access. Right to obtain access to personal information along with certain information.
- Right of portability. Right to receive a copy of the personal information individuals have provided in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format.
- Right to rectification. Right to obtain rectification of any inaccurate or incomplete personal information we hold.
- Right to erasure. Right which requires us to erase personal information without undue delay if the continued processing of that personal information is not justified.
- Right to object or restrict use of data. Right which requires us to stop using all or some of personal information (e.g. if we have no legal right to keep using it) or to limit our use of it (e.g. if your personal information is inaccurate or unlawfully held).
Sharing and transfer of personal information
Recipients of your data
We may share your information with the following categories of third parties:
- Third-party vendors and other service providers that perform services on our behalf, as needed to carry out their work for us, which may include data center services, third party lead generation platforms, Google Analytics services etc.
- Third parties as required by law or court order, or if we reasonably believe that such action is necessary to (a) comply with the law and the reasonable requests of law enforcement; (b) to enforce our contract with the customer or to protect the security or integrity of the Services; and/or (c) to exercise or protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Semnox, our customers, or others.
Cross-Border Data Transfers
Your personal information will be stored and processed in countries outside of the EEA, Switzerland and the UK, including the United States, where we and our third-party service providers maintain facilities.
These countries may not have the same standard of data protection laws as your own country. These international transfers of your personal information are made pursuant the appropriate safeguards (such as the standard data protection clauses adopted by the European Commission). If you wish to enquire further about these safeguards, please contact us using the details set out in the “Other Information” section below.
We implement security controls to prevent breaches and unauthorised access to your data.
We maintain reasonable and appropriate security measures to protect your information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
Examples of security measures include physical access controls, HTTPS, restricted access to data, monitoring for threats and vulnerabilities etc.
We also subject our services to internationally recognised certification and attestation standards. Details about our security measures are available at our Group website.
If you have questions or complaints regarding this Policy, you may contact us through email at email@example.com. You may contact us at our mailing address below:
Punja Building Annexe, MG Road, Lalbagh, Mangalore, Karnataka 575003 India
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area and we maintain your Personal Data within the scope of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), you have additional rights. If you are not satisfied with the resolution, you can also lodge a complaint with the Supervisory Authority in the country of your residence.